- The Sims 4
- The Sims 3
- Other Sim Games
Stones Throw Greenhouse (Fixes) UPDATED
I’ve gone through and followed the fix steps that SimGuruCopeland (and SimGuruKelly) pointed out in the link below to fix existing Greenhouses to better emulate weather, and as you can see by my screenshots, the fix works just as they’ve said (for me at least). My plants are very frigid looking, but at least they only appear to have gone dormant. And now more cold moodlets inside either! Hurrah!
Pre Guru Fix:
Post Guru Fix:
Has it worked for you guys?
I have personally been waiting very patiently to catch this little bit of information from the Gurus (specifically SimGuruCopeland) as I was one of the first people to pounce on the Stones Throw Greenhouse Venue. For those of you that weren’t part of the original batch of downloaders and subsequently have missed all the hubub, the Greenhouse Venue from the store was launched with quite a few bugs coming to light after people installed them into their freshly updated Seasons-inclusive games. Weather ended up falling through the glass roof pieces… more than likely because the pieces were not counted as roofs but as roof decor. A couple other things popped up, and so the store team has been working on it for a couple weeks now.
SimGuruCopeland created a new thread to explain the process for downloading the (almost) fully fixed venue for those of us that snagged it before now. He also noted that there is still an issue with plants appearing to be dormant despite them not being, and added that this will be fixed by the expansion team at somepoint in the near future.
Issues that have been addressed with the updated Greenhouse Venue:
Rain and snow will no longer fall into the Greenhouse Venue.
o The Greenhouse Roof pieces now turn off the visibility of tiles in their footprint area. So if you are building your own Greenhouse, this will allow you to place down a flat roof, place the Greenhouse Roof pieces on top, and still be able to see into the room below.
o Please note: if you do not place a flat roof down first, snow and rain will still get into your Greenhouse.Plants will no longer go Dormant inside the Greenhouse Venue.
o If you are building your own Greenhouse, make sure it meets all the requirements to flag it as a room (fully walled and fully roofed).
o Outstanding issue: Some harvestable plants still get the frost texture even though they are not going dormant. This is a bug that must be addressed by the Expansion Pack team, and they have a promising solution that they are testing right now.
Installation instructions for those that have already installed old Greenhouse:
1. VERY IMPORTANT: using your Launcher, uninstall the old Greenhouse first
2. Visit this page to download the updated Greenhouse: http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB
-SIM3:58192 (your download should be 36.99MB)
3. Install the new Greenhouse from your Launcher
4. If you still have previously placed Greenhouses in your world, you will need to delete them and place down the new Greenhouse
If you accidentally install the new Greenhouse without first uninstalling the old, there is a possibility that you will encounter various problems with your Greenhouse. If this happens, please try the following to correct the issues:
1. Uninstall both versions from your Launcher.
2. Close your Launcher
3. Open your Launcher and verify that no Greenhouse content appears in your Installed Content Tab. If none appears, install the new Greenhouse, skip the remaining steps, and enjoy! Otherwise, uninstall them again and close your Launcher once more.
4. Open your Launcher and verify that no Greenhouse content appears in your Installed Content Tab. If none appears, reinstall the new Greenhouse, skip the remaining steps and enjoy!
5. If they are still appearing in the Installed Content Tab of your launcher or you are still having problems, you will need to delete your DCCache and DCBackup folders, typically located here: C:\Users\<yourusername>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. Please note that this will DELETE ALL OF YOUR INSTALLED CONTENT! (If you have Store/downloadable worlds installed, there is the possibility that this could kill any of your save files that are in those worlds. Please make sure to back these up before deleting your DCCache and DCBackup folders to ensure you don’t lose your progress.)
6. Reinstall the new Greenhouse and enjoy!
Any BeyondSimmers out there with their own Stones Throw shenanigans? I’d love to hear what you have to say
About the author
MapleSim is (Suprise!) Canadian, and started with The Sims franchise way back with The Sims Deluxe. Fast forward enough years to make him feel old, and we find him stalking Sims/SimCity RSS feeds and Twitter progressively more and more. In his non-Sims life he can be seen playing scattered Final Fantasy titles, lots of Nintendo, and too much Skyrim. And he's never seen an igloo before, so don't ask :)
|This entry was posted by MapleSim on December 14, 2012 at 12:58 am, and is filed under Sims 3 Store. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|