Are you interested in winning some official Sims merchandise? How about a cool ‘Play With Life’ t-shirt? Then look no further than our giveaway!
We are giving away 7 black Sims t-shirts that feature a skull and plumbob design. To have a chance of winning, all you have to do is leave a comment below saying what your favourite Sims game is!
Please make sure you use a valid email address when commenting so we can get in touch if you are a randomly selected winner.
The competition closes on the 24th April 2015 at 20:00BST – good luck!
EA has announced that the Humble Origin Bundle 2 is now available! The Humble Bundle helps supports charities by allowing customers to donate what they wish and receive some fantastic games.
You can pay $1 or more to get Dragon Age: Origins, Dead Space 2, Peggle, Command & Conquer Generals (including the Zero Hour expansion), and Medal of Honor Allied Assault War Chest. Then, if you choose to pay a bit more to beat the average, you’ll also get Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age II, and Bejeweled 3.
These are some fantastic games for a great cause, so be sure to donate and get some fantastic games!
Humble Origin Bundle 2
A new game update has been released for The Sims 4 that fixes a few pesky bugs that people have been experiencing, including blurry screenshots and alien abductions.
As always, simply open Origin and your game will start to update. Updates are so much easier these days than they were in the past with The Sims 3, aren’t they?
- Our overly-friendly visitors from Sixam were a bit too amorous. We’ve reduced the frequency of alien abductions and further reduced the frequency of male pregnancy thereafter. We know our men are good looking but that’s no excuse!
- We’ve fixed a couple issues in the Medical career that could cause problems for actions around repairing broken medical equipment or transferring a patient case. A career in medicine can be grueling for anybody, but nobody wants to be given an impossible task.
- We’ve upgraded the firmware on our cameras to prevent larger photos from appearing too dark. We’ve also fixed an issue that was causing screenshots to come out blurry.
- So what did five say to three about… you know what? I don’t have a joke for this. Save Error 531 is bad and we fixed a couple situations that would cause it to occur.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused a crash when doing sciencey stuff during the Scientist career.
- Is your Sim unsatisfied with their love life? Maybe it’s all that alien affection they’ve been getting, or maybe it’s the stress from their new careers, but our Sims have been leaving their partners with an unsatisfied moodlet. We’ve conducted some remedial WooHoo education and Sims should now be better about taking care of their partner’s needs.
- Fixed an issue where children and teens weren’t getting school credit if they were coming home in a mood not explicitly approved by their school. Harsh!
- A recent update mistakenly removed some items from teens, but they’re back now. Teens can wear heels again! Fashionable teen Sims can once again experience unnecessary foot pain in the name of looking good.
- We fixed a few unintended issues on our side that caused problems with certain types of CAS Custom Content.
Union J, a 4 piece boy band from the UK, had a chance to “Get to Work” in Milkshake City last week!
Check out a video with highlights from the day!
A new update is available in the App Store and Google Play, including some behind-the-scenes improvements and bug fixes.
- A manual refresh button has been added to the Global Trade HQ
- If an item in a seller’s Trade Depot has been sold the item will not appear with a “Sold” tag
- Mayor Daniel’s Trade Depot now stocks Tokyo Town items, city limit expansion items, inventory expansion items and Dr Vu items.
- Fixed crash bugs related to the Global Trade HQ and the Trade Depot
- Building upgrade bubbles no longer randomly change place
- No more “impossible” Cargo Ship Challenges
- Other minor bug fixes
April Fools day is always the perfect day for Simmers to pull plenty of pranks on each other, and this year was no exception! Check out our round up of some of the pranks from the Simming community:
To kick things off we will start with our website, BeyondSims, where we touched upon the sensitive topic of toddlers in The Sims 4. We created a fake trailer and press release for a free toddlers game update. To fake the toddlers, we edited a Sims 3 toddler into the ‘trailer’. Apologies if anyone thought it was a genuine video!
Rachybop joined in with the fun of toddlers and created a new musical parody of the ‘Circle of Life’ from The Lion King about toddlers now being available in The Sims 4. Although it was unintentional, we then joined forces to push the joke that toddlers were “coming to The Sims 4″.
Weealbet also played a trick on Simmers who watch him on YouTube. Known for his house building videos and lets plays, Weealbet did a special speed build…
From Germany, SimFans reported that a new Sims 4 expansion pack called ‘Downtown-Time’ was announced by “Rachel Franklin”. They reported that you could use public transport systems, such as the subway, experience three new careers, open a restaurant and live in apartments! Come to think of it, these ideas are pretty good for an expansion pack!
Finally, Faramouse pranked her viewers on YouTube by doing a “stylish” April Fools house building video called “Classy Curves”. To be fair, it’s a lot better than anything I can build!
Did we miss something? Let us know in the comments so we can add it to our round up of April Fools Day 2015!
A new Sims 4 render for the band Echosmith was featured in the latest community blog.