The Sims team are getting ready to announce “Outdoor Retreat”, an upcoming Sims 4 game pack, this Friday.
To tease us, they have released an official screenshot:
The Careers Update for The Sims 4 is now live and comes with new careers (of course) and several new updates. As always, simply open Origin to update.
Update: 12/16/2014 – Version 18.104.22.1680
Happy Holidays, Decemberings, and other end of the year tidings! The office illnesses have come and gone (for me) and things are looking up for a festive year end. And just for you, we have an update filled with new careers, holiday goodies, Gallery fun-ness, some cheats, a gnome on the go, a few holiday tunes, interface updates, and a bug or two squashed!
As this is a bit long on the details, and in an effort to keep it brief, I’ll cut my monologue short. So, without further ado, on with the datums!
You can get festive in The Sims 4 this year with the completely free Holiday Celebration pack! Simply click here to visit Origin and add to your cart.
Celebrate the holidays in The Sims 4 with festive décor and add an interesting twist to your Sim’s wardrobe.
Enjoy some holiday cheer on us!
Make your Sims’ holidays a bit merrier with this free bundle. Deck the halls with themed décor items, such as a Menorah, Kinara, Christmas Tree, and more! Or, dress your Sims in ugly sweaters and throw the ultimate holiday party. Your Sims’ goofy lives are about to get a lot more festive.
Holiday-themed decorations. Decorate your Sims’ home with all sorts of awesome holiday-themed items. Bundle includes: Menorah, Kinara, Table Cloth Recolor, Snowman Lawn Ornament, Christmas Tree, Christmas Lights, Kwanza Painting, Christmas Garland, Hanukah Garland, Wreath, and Holiday Wall Speaker.
Festive wardrobe items. Dress to impress with some of the best holiday attire around. With this bundle, you’ll get three unique ugly sweaters, an Elf Hat, and a Reindeer Hat.
Via. The Sims Website
We’ve been so excited to see all the creativity from our players following the free Ghosts and Pools Updates. We look forward to seeing what you do with the four new career paths that we’ve added in today’s Update. We snuck a few surprises in too! Here are the top ten things you need to know:
1. Two New Business Career Paths: Your Sims can now work their way up the corporate ladder to become an Angel Investor or a Business Tycoon.
2. Two New Athletic Career Paths: Your Sims can now make a living working up a sweat as a Hall of Famer or Mr. or Ms. Solar System.
3. New Outfits: Each career will have career-specific outfits that will update as your Sims advance through the levels of their new career track, including a gold tracksuit!
4. New Objects and Interaction Rewards: Sims will be rewarded with special objects and unlock interactions unique to the career of their choice as they level up. Will your Sim give fake investment tips or offer to “pump up” a fellow Sim?
5. New Career Reward Rooms: As your Sim moves through their career, they will unlock career reward rooms found in Build Mode to help you create the ultimate in Athletic or Business home décor.
6. New Gallery Updates: We’ve added some new gallery updates like advanced and modded filters. To take a peek at all that is included with this month’s game update, read our patch notes here.
7. Strictly Business Gnome: While other gnomes laze around your garden or relax poolside, the Strictly Business Gnome has no time for that. With briefcase in hand, he’s got places to go, calls to make, meetings to attend.
8. Move Objects Cheat: Just when you thought it couldn’t get any better, this update also includes the Move Objects Cheat! The Move Objects Cheat allows players to create unique objects by combining two or more items. For example, a player can combine a bed and curtains to create a canopy bed. You can use the cheat with any object. Or you could just make a really cluttered room!
To activate the cheat:
1. Type Ctrl-Shift-C to bring up the game’s console.
2. Enter “testingcheats true”
3. Enter “bb.moveobjects”
4. Enter “Ctrl-Shift-C” to close the dialog box
5. To turn off the cheat, repeat steps 1-4.
· Note, once the cheat is off, you can’t move the affected objects. If you do, the “moveobject” ability will be lost.
9. Holiday Sweaters: It wouldn’t be a holiday update without sweaters! Fans voted for Sweater #4 and we managed to sneak in a couple more, so your Sims can celebrate in style.
10. Holiday Décor: The holiday cheer doesn’t end there! The Holiday Celebration Pack will have festive décor and offer other interesting twists to your Sim’s wardrobe. For more info in how to download this fabulous free festive pack, see below.
To get the Update, simply login to your Origin account and launch The Sims 4.
We hope you enjoy taking your Sim’s career to new heights this holiday season!
The Sims Official Twitter has shared a new render for the Careers Update, which is coming sometime this week as a free game update.
Check it out below.
One highly requested cheat in The Sims 4 since it’s launch has been MOO (MoveObjects On) and it is set to return in the Careers Update, rumoured to release on the 16th December.
The Sims Twitter recently shared an image featuring some new objects that’ll be arriving in the update and in this image they’ve demonstrated MOO in action!
How many objects can you spot that are not currently in The Sims 4?
EA have released a new trailer for The Sims 4 titled “You Rule”. Check it out below, it’s pretty cool despite having a few cringe-worthy moments
Are you a big fan of SimCity and wish to take a stroll back in time and play SimCity 2000? Well, Origin are currently offering the SimCity 2000™ Special Edition for completely free, On the House!
Simply click here to visit Origin and add it to your game library – you get to keep it forever.
Now you can design any city you can imagine and SimCity 2000™ will bring it, and its resident Sims, to life.
It has all the features, flexibility, art, animation, and power you need to create an environment of your dreams. Choose from a selection of bonus cities and scenarios to rule or ruin as you please. Build schools, libraries, hospitals, zoos, prisons, power plants, and much more… Lay down roads, railways, and highways. Explore the underground layer and build subways and utilities without compromising your aesthetics. Customize different buildings or design your own graphics sets from scratch.
This is the ultimate classic Maxis city-building and management simulation. If this game were any more realistic, it’d be illegal to turn it off!