It’s time for the SimCity 10th Anniversary Live Broadcast, it will even include a special video from Will Wright. Make sure you catch it by watching below:
Though the Sims 3 Store hasn’t updated yet, the world is now available for purchase. I’m almost cautioning first though, as there seems to be something up with the price (unless prices have gone up considerably)…
Thank GOD a guru came around! I was right after all… hold off on picking it up until it gets fixed!
SimGuruWeb has just stickied his thread in the University Forum about the newest update which has been causing some people issues..
Note about Feb 19 game updateWe understand that some of you have attempted to install the recent Game Update and encountered an issue completing the install.
For PC players, if you reattempt the install now, you should be able to successfully complete installation. Note that this Game Update is larger in size and that we will be releasing a smaller version within the coming weeks if you prefer to wait for a smaller download.
For Mac players, we are still conducting some final tests on the Mac Game Update to ensure it will be a smooth and successful experience for you as well. This release will be coming very soon.
Thank you for your patience.
Hello, I’m Ocean Quigley, SimCity‘s Creative Director. On behalf of the SimCity team, I’m thrilled to tell you that we just finished our Gold Master disc. As you read this, SimCity discs are starting to roll off the assembly line and into their boxes to be sent to stores around the world for their March launch.
I wanted to take this opportunity to tell you how this new SimCity came to be. I started out my career at Maxis as the Art Director for SimCopter and for SimCity 3000. From there I became the Creative Director of SimCity 4, where I had the privilege of developing one of the greatest city-building games of all-time. But that was 2003 and for nearly 10 years I’ve been lobbying the higher ups at EA to let me return to SimCity, the game that brought me into this industry in the first place.
A few years ago, we got our chance. The first thing I did was bring the band back together. I couldn’t find everybody, but I was able to gather a core group of SimCity 4 veterans, and together we set to work. We knew that with modern hardware, we’d be able to take ideas that we’d dreamed about back in SimCity 4’s development and make them real.
We want to take this time to thank all of our friends and families for standing with us as we chased this dream. In particular, I want to thank Lucy Bradshaw, the SVP of Maxis. Admittedly, I told her that if she cut back on funding, she’d regret it! But she took a chance on us and let us chase our dream.
In celebration, we’d like to share a tune from the new SimCity soundtrack with you. The game will be in your hands before you know it, but this might help keep you going until March!
So.. as excited as we all are? In literally less than 2 weeks and we’ll be spending all of the hours in front of our computer screens
A new game update is available to download. To update, open your game launcher and go to “Game Updates”. If you wish to patch manually, you can download the super patch below.
Notice: Some users have reported an error upon patching. If you get an error, try the super patch. You can also download the super patch to update from any game version.
To install this update, please start your game and use the “Updates” tab in your Launcher.
This game update includes the following changes:
Free Sims 3 Base Game Content
- Sims can now dumpster dive from the Commercial Dumpster pre-placed in Sunset Valley and find cool items including furniture and collectables!
- New air conditioning units and electrical box decorative objects.
- New Terrain Paint for Build Mode.
- A new traffic light for Create a World.
Base Game Updates
- Sims, cats, dogs, and horses will animate properly rather than sliding into position when performing social interactions.
- Sims will no longer occasionally flip or stutter when trying to walk through doorways.
- Gifts sent by invalid NPC Sims will no longer cause the mailbox to become unusable.
- The Fog Emitter that came with The Sims 3 Ambitions has been updated to transition properly to the new base game Fog Emitter object. Any lots created with The Sims 3 Ambitions fog emitters that were installed since the release of The Sims 3 Seasons will have to be reinstalled for the emitter effects to play properly. There is no need to re-upload any content to The Sims 3 Exchange – all content created with either The Sims 3 Ambitions fog emitter or the new base game fog emitter will work properly when installed after this update is applied.
- The Fog Emitter is once again moveable once placed in the world.
- Placing blueprints on foundations can no longer cause the game to crash.
- Placing a blueprint in a high rise or an apartment building can no longer cause the game to crash.
- Using the right mouse button to position the camera while previewing blueprints will now function properly.
- Greeting Cards placed in the home will no longer block Sims from accessing dressers or beds.
- Foundation walls are now considered to be light blocking. This prevents snow from accumulating within holes in a foundation that are entirely enclosed within the interior of a building.
- Sims that already had the hidden diving skill prior to game update 1.42 will now be able to use diving boards.
- Broken Omni Plant gift boxes will no longer appear in the Sims inventory when travelling between worlds.
iPodZeke1 had the chance to interview SimGuru’s while at EA and asked questions he was sent in!
Rachybop, one of the lucky few who was invited out to EA Redwood Shores, has posted her video interviews with SimGuruBrit (for University Life) and SimGuruRyan (for Island Paradise).