Well look at these cool looking pictures! Can’t wait to let my sims drive on their own speedboats! And the world that comes with Island Paradise looks pretty big! Can’t wait for the next Live Broadcast to see more of this awesome Expansion Pack comming in June!
While watching the LiveCast just now, SimGuruRyan mentioned that Island Paradise is now available for Pre-Order on Origin! Best of all there is a Limited Edition eligible when you pre-order
Check out the description below from the Origin page!
Let your Sims escape to their own island paradise, complete with sparkling waters and sun-drenched beaches in The Sims™ 3 Island Paradise. They can explore by boat, go scuba diving, live in a houseboat or even build and run their own resorts. Nautical Sims can discover new islands, uncover sunken treasure, or even befriend a mermaid! With innovative features never before seen in The Sims™ PC franchise and a world of new possibilities on land and in sea, your Sims will have an unforgettable adventure in their own island paradise.
• Set sail for adventure: Your Sims can now take off across the waves to discover new islands and explore like never before, whether by paddleboat, speedboat, or fully customizable houseboat! What will you discover?
• Build the best resort in the islands: Specialize in waterslides and buffet tables to attract families, build pool bars where single Sims can meet and flirt, or create a romantic retreat dotted with bungalows. How you choose your amenities and set your prices will affect your reviews and profits. Get a high enough star rating, and you’ll soon be rolling in Simoleons!
• Dive into the blue: See what surprises await beneath the sea! As your Sims build their snorkeling and scuba diving skills, they may find themselves on the shore of a new island or discover a long-lost treasure.
• Boat sweet boat: Whether your Sims love the water or just love exploring, there is a range of fully customizable houseboats that can be moored at any open port. If your Sims tire of the view, they can just cruise on to a new locale!
• Build over the water: New stilted foundations give your Sims the best of both worlds—a home that’s partially on the water and partially on land. Build a resort, create travelling houseboats, and customize your very own island paradise for your Sims!
We were lucky enough to have the opportunity to send in questions about the new University Life expansion pack for a Sims 3 Producer at EA Salt Lake to answer. Below you can find the transcript with Argus Hulin, an assistant producer.
A huge thanks to The Sims 3 (UK) and to our readers for sending in your questions!
Q1) Is there a choice of Universities your Sims can go to, or is there one University where all the Sims go to study & party?
Argus: There’s just one University but your Sims won’t want to go anywhere else! The university architecture has been designed with European influence so it’s really beautiful.
Q2) Can you go inside the classrooms & lectures with your Sim?
Argus: There are some activities that do and some that don’t. The venues are not all like in The Sims 2 University, in that lectures and other class activities take place outside the rabbit whole.
Q3) What happens at Graduation?
Argus: Graduation is a celebratory moment your Sim has when they finish their studies. There are robes and mortar boards for your Sims to wear for the celebration.
IGN has released a preview of The Sims 3 Island Paradise, which has been confirmed to be released on June 25th 2013! Prepare to board your house boat and create your own holiday resort!
The towns and places you can take your Sims are large, but the idea with Island Paradise is to open up the world even more. Instead of building a home and living in one place, this expansion allows you to build boat houses that you can use to explore uncharted waters. It’s basically The Sims: Trust Fund-Baby Edition.
It’s still a ways off from its June 25 release, so EA is keeping most of the Island Paradise details hush hush. Still, EA did inform us that on top of exploring you’ll also be able to create resorts, working to get them a coveted five-star rating. The expansion will also have other new features, including the ability to go snorkeling, fish off your house boat, discover buried treasure, scuba dive and swim wherever you drop anchor.