After a long period of silence, Maxis have released a new update for SimCity (2013). This new update allows you to move your multiplayer cities to offline mode.
Update 10.3 is available now. This update adds the ability to transfer your Regions and Cities from the game servers to Single-Player for Offline play. To get the update simply restart SimCity.
How to transfer your Cities to Single-Player
- Launch SimCity and connect to the game server
- On the Main Menu select the PLAY tab
- You will be taken to the Region select screen where you will see the Regions you have created on the server
- Select a Region which contains a city you want to take to Single-Player
- You will be taken to the games Region View
- You will see a “Transfer Region” button, click this button to start the transfer process from Multiplayer to Single-Player
- Once the transfer is complete, you will receive a notification of completion
- You will be returned to the Region select screen where you can continue to transfer additional Regions and Cities to Single-Player
You can also do this by highlighting your Region after selecting PLAY from the Main Menu. A “Transfer Region” button will appear. Clicking the button will commence the transfer process.
- The whole Region and its Cities will be transferred for use in Single-Player
- You will automatically become Mayor of cities within the Region unless it contains content you do not currently own.
– If this is the situation you will be able to visit the city which uses the content.
– The city will continue to trade and simulate automatically at the same rate it had when on the game server.
- If you purchase additional content after transferring a region you may be able to claim cities using additional content, simply load any city in your region that you control, the next time you return to the Region Overview screen if you own the same or more content than the visited city you will be assigned control of the city.
- The file size of the download can vary depending on the number of Cities in the Region. Each city has an approximate file size of 1MB.
- Once you have transferred your region from Multiplayer to Single-Player, your Cities in that Region will be abandoned. Other players in your Region will be able to continue online in Multiplayer or also opt to transfer to Single-Player at a later time.
When you transfer a City to Single-Player, the most recent Region that was transferred will appear in the top left slot of your save games.
SimGuruShannon has shared an image of some of the content we’ll be getting with the new careers update, coming later this month!
Remember last year when The Sims shared the “12 Days of Simsmas” for The Sims 3? Well, I wanted to get festive with The Sims 4 this Christmas so I decided to write a new version for The Sims 4.
I then teamed up with Rachybop, known for her Sims Frozen parodies, and Bantersauruslex, a close friend, to sing this (warning: we are extremely good singers).
So prepare for the 12 Days of Simsmas… The Sims 4 style! Check it out below:
The Sims team released a new game update for The Sims 4 yesterday which addresses several issues and community feedback.
To automatically update your game, simply open Origin
Update: 11/25/2014 – Version 126.96.36.199
Just a small update for the end of November! Hopefully you have kept healthy this past month. It feels as though a minor plague has swept through the Studio, knocking folks down one after another. But that aside, we have fixed some crashes, addressed some community concerns, and sorted out a few other fixes that just happened to sneak their way into this release.
As always, the community has been doing an excellent job of keeping us on our toes. A new batch of fixes is on its way out with this release, including the un-breaking of the Add to Family cheat, a Sim pruning issue, and some water opacity issues. Thank you for your feedback, keep it up!
Crashes / Performance
- Fixed a crash that was the result of long term gameplay instability in the UI framework that only occurred after moving, traveling, creating new families, and building for some time. Also known as playing the game.
- We fixed a crash reported on the modding forums where custom content clones of hats and hairs could cause a crash on Intel graphics cards due to an issue with the skinning code.
- Fixed a crash wherein should you click on an underwater light and change the dimness setting, and you do that again, and you do it again, and then again, again, again, again, again… the game would crash. The waters are safe again.
- The game was freezing under some circumstances when a swimming Sim attempted to use an object found outside the pool. We have fixed all issues that we have found resulting in this freeze, and prevented the freeze from occurring in those cases we have not found. It’s magic.
- We fixed a bug where close family relationships were still getting pruned if they lived in different households. Previously, we were looking at each household individually, which was incorrect. For example, say you have a Sim with two children and one of them moves out. The second child then has a kid who also has a kid who also has a kid. Then the original Sim dies, but the child who moved out is still alive. That dead Sim should not be culled because he/she still has a living child.
- The Vidame Hostess Station was causing Sims to freeze if objects that the Sim wanted to interact with were placed on top of it. We contemplated renaming the surface to the Vidame Hostess Station of Mesmerizing Never-endedness but opted to fix the issue instead.
- Casual “if you were swimming before you went to work” Workdays have been cancelled, and Sims will once again spin into their work outfit before going to work.
- On a side note, folks are happy that Casual “if you were swimming before you went to work” Workdays have been cancelled, because it was just too much to say.
- Children and Teens can no longer be modified with the sims.add_buff Buff_Pregnancy_Trimester3 cheat.
- The release of Pools introduced an issue with visitation that hid the Visit interaction when clicking on the door of a neighbor’s home. You can now click on your neighbor’s door to visit them once again!
- In addition, there was an issue with being able to set which door was the front door on your home lot. That too has been fixed.
- The Add to Family cheat has been re-enabled.
- We fixed water opacity issues where the water was turning opaque on some graphic configurations.
Tuning / Graphics
- Fixed an issue that was preventing live drag from functioning when dragging from a Sims Inventory to an Object Inventory (such as a fridge or bookshelf).
- The game will no longer fail to save if you have over (Step 1: Face computer. Step 2: Place fingertip marked A next to lip corner marked B. Step 3: Say clearly but elongate the quoted phrase) “1 million” satisfaction points.
- Ambrosia will no longer be eaten autonomously by your Sims.
- We fixed an animation issue that can best be described as “we fixed an issue that caused Sims to scratch their back with their elbows when they chose to sit at the edge of a pool with a drink in their hand.” It wasn’t pretty. Thankfully no Sims were permanently scarred by the experience.
- Sims who sat at the edge of a pool during the moment of bladder failure found they were unable to satisfy their bladder. Whereas had they been in the pool…
- Pregnant Sims have temporary immunity from drowning per a previously agreed upon pact with the Reaper. However, if the pregnant Sim found that they “should” have died while in the pool, their buffs would get all wonky (actual technical term as used by the production team). The buff wonkiness has been fixed.
- Death by drowning will now count towards the Vengeful Deity Achievement.
- Swimming Laps will now help to alleviate the Not Enough Exercise buff that Active Sims can get.
- Pool ladders have an interaction “Get In” that you can choose when clicking on them. Now, when you choose that action, it will do something.
- If a Sim decided to cancel their adventure in the Forgotten Grotto to go swimming, the Forgotten Grotto would forget that Sim existed, preventing them from adventuring within her forgotten realm. We have spoken to the Forgotten Grotto, explaining that the pool is just another place that Sims want to go, that they have not forgotten the Grotto, they will return once again, but that the Forgotten Grotto can’t forget them, and they must be allowed once again to enter the Forgotten Grotto, lest they be forgotten and thusly forget the Forgotten Grotto. The Forgotten Grotto, jealous… yes. But also forgiving.
SimGuruJohn, who has been a build/gameplay designer on The Sims 4 and a Sims developer since 2007, has announced that he will be departing EA tomorrow.
This is a difficult thing to write, but I wanted to let you all know that tomorrow will be my last day at EA. Everything has been amicable; to put it succinctly, I’ve decided to move to the east coast for family reasons. That said, it’s been an amazing 7+ years here. Helping conceive and then watching as The Sims 4 Build Mode became the feature it is today has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. Talking to the fan base; hearing your ideas, praise, and even criticisms is always exciting and interesting, and has brought a constant sense of purpose and incentive for what I do. For that, thank you. Build Mode is, and has been, in great hands with SimGuruHouts, and there are still plenty of things I’ve designed that you’ve yet to see! I greatly look forward to the future of The Sims, and hope you’ll all keep playing and chatting with the Gurus.
Cheers and goodbye,
Via. The Sims Forums
One highly requested feature since The Sims 4 launched was a web-based version of The Gallery, similar to The Sims 3 exchange.
EA have just released The Gallery on TheSims.com which allows you to browse, favourite items, download items to your game and comment – all from your browser! This is incredibly handy if you don’t want to load up the game.
You can access this now by going to TheSims.com/gallery, and also be sure to check out a new gallery player spotlight below.
Are you still looking to try out the latest incarnation of SimCity? For a fantastic price of £24.99 you can get the base game, Cities of Tomorrow expansion and all five digital content packs!
The Power to Build is Yours in the complete SimCity collection with two games & five digital content sets.
Experience the newest version of SimCity – the greatest city-simulator of all time. This collection is packed with an expanded core game, the SimCity: Cities of Tomorrow expansion pack, and the Amusement Park, Airship, French, British and German City sets. Create the city you desire and make choices that will shape your city and the Sims in it. Focus on industry, or consumerism and your economy will soar – but at the expense of your Sims’ health as pollution spreads. Implement green technology and improve your Sims’ lives while risking higher taxes and unemployment. The choice is yours.
View on Origin
Maxis Helsinki has released a trailer for SimCity BuildIt, check it out below!
Build, craft, and control! This all-new SimCity game—designed just for mobile—is coming soon to the App Store and Google Play. The key to your city awaits!
With countless buildings and vivid, 3D-quality graphics, SimCity BuildIt is the most realistic city builder on mobile. Create and trade resources with friends and other cities. Unlock exclusive buildings or unleash natural (and not so natural) disasters!
Watch your city come to life, Mayor!
You can also learn more on the official SimCity BuildIt website.