A new game update has been released today for The Sims 4. To download, simply open Origin and your game should automatically update.
Via. The Sims Forums
- Sims your household knows can call you up and invite you to some of their events!
- Sims in a relationship might get a phone call to go on a date. Your child’s friends might ask them over for a play date. Or your “ready to age up, but not yet aged up” friends can call to ask you join them for their birthday party*.
*If you have aging turned off in the options panel, this will not invalidate that option. However, if you attend the birthday party, the Sim throwing the party will age up as a result of the party.
And we addressed a couple… well I mean, a couple is two, right? Yea, and a few is more than a couple, while some is more than a few? And several is greater than… yea ok, I got it. We fixed “some” issues. Some, yea, some is good.
“Some” Issues Fixed
- We fixed an issue where the social Ask on Date was working correctly, however if you chose the same action from the Relationship Panel or the Phone, it was 100% guaranteed to succeed. The Relationship Panel and Phone options now have the same chance for success and failure as the social.
- We fixed an issue that was preventing the Create a Sim tutorial from advancing properly in some cases when the Genetics panel was active.
- We fixed an issue that could cause the phone to ring only when the game was paused.
- I’m picturing a family of frozen Sims, unable to reach the ringing telephone. The parents, they’re fine, they’ve long since taught themselves to ignore the phone… the teens? The teens are silently screaming, unable to claw their way to the ringing phone. It’s a movie, called “The Unanswerable.”
- We fixed a few text errors in the chance card for level four of the Writing career. Ironic?
Today, we are thrilled to announce the very first stuff pack for The Sims 4! It’s called The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff*, and it’ll be available next week on May 19. As our long-time players will know, past stuff packs featured new clothing and furniture themed around a specific idea. But with The Sims 4 stuff packs, we’re also adding new gameplay to the mix.
Let’s talk about Luxury Party Stuff specifically.
Luxury Party Stuff is all about high end, red carpet, party ‘til dawn bashes that require – nay, demand – all the trappings and majesty of the right crowd. The pack features stunning dresses, suits, makeup, and accessories for the Sims in your neighborhoods. You’re really able to set the scene with pulsing, glowing, beat-magnifying objects like a new bar, sculptures, and killer lighting that’ll be perfect for revising your neighborhood’s local lounges and bars.
The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff has two awesome new gameplay objects that are essential for throwing a fantastic party. Firstly, the banquet table, which you can fill with recipes your Sims prepare themselves, or quickly stock it with new appetizers. Nobody should party on an empty stomach. The second object is the new food/drink fountain, which you can place on top of your banquet table. Streaming from the top are all sorts of delicious things to consume, including rich, decadent chocolate (perfect for strawberries) and several other delightful delicacies. There’s even room for mischief and more, especially for Sims gifted in the Culinary and Mixology skills!
We’re excited. We hope you’re excited. The invitation goes out today and the party begins next week. Assemble your posse of style-inclined friends and join us at the luxury party.
Stay tuned for more information and get your party clothes ready!
EA has confirmed the existence of The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff Pack, and has said that there will be more news coming next week!
EA have released their Q4 FY15 financial results today and held a conference call to talk about what will be coming in the next financial year, FY16.
During this conference call, EA confirmed that The Sims 4 will receive another expansion pack, game packs and free game updates for The Sims 4.
Maxis will continue to deliver great new content for The Sims 4, including another expansion pack, multiple game packs and additional game updates for the growing Sims 4 player community.
Although it is natural to expect Maxis to continue delivering expansions and game packs, it is exciting to have it confirmed by EA. The fact that ‘multiple game packs’ are coming suggests that The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat was a success for the team.
We can’t wait to see the future content for The Sims 4!
From January to March, players have been busy playing EA’s games including The Sims 4, The Sims FreePlay and SimCity BuildIt.
Check out all of the fun statistics in the infographic below!
More content is always good news for fans of The Sims! With the latest game update, it has been discovered that some in-game files contain text about the ‘Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff Pack’, as discovered by Ti4go on Twitter.
This is yet to be officially announced by The Sims team, however we can presume that this is genuine as it’s text from in-game files.
Throw a luxurious [arty and add a touch of style to your Sims’ lives with The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff.
Learn more about this all-new stuff pack, available next week!
This wouldn’t be the first time that in-game files have provided an insight to future Sims content, and it wouldn’t surprise us if a stuff pack was in the works for The Sims 4. However, we do question whether stuff packs are needed when The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat Game Pack set a benchmark for features and content.
A new patch has arrived for The Sims 4 which brings many fixes, new Star Wars costumes and now allows your aliens to wear anything clothing they like!
What’s on the New side of things?
- We have replaced the loading screen with a lighter and more lively loading screen.
- “Going with the loading screen right out of the gate on the notes, huh?”
- The Bunny Egg Hunt is no longer available in game. Your logs will once again contain no eggs, but frogs. Your mailboxes, the home of drab and eggless bills. And collectible confection creations will no longer be found beneath the weeds of your gardens.
- All of the object rewards (eggs and bunny) are yours!
- And, all of the object rewards can be found in the Build catalog (unlocked or behind the hidden objects cheat).
- Thank you for your participation!
- Sims can now influence the gender of their offspring!
- Strawberries and Pop music (one, the other, or both) seem to lead to more baby girls.
- Carrots and Alternative music seem to lead to more baby boys.
- A new “?” icon is available in the Plan a Social Event interface. Hover over it to learn about the requirements that a particular Role has for the event being planned.
- Some new outfits are in Create a Sim. Open up Styled Looks to quickly find Boba Fett, Darth Maul, and Aayla Secura!
- And May the 4th be with you!
- Aliens have adapted to the Sim-ish ways and are now have access to the full Create a Sim catalog!
- And by full we mean everything except skin details, because they are aliens after all.
- Continue Reading Patch Notes
Popular community modder, Zerbu, recently teased his ‘Go To School’ mod pack. Inspired by the active careers from Get to Work, this mod allows you to send your children and teens to school lots during the day and perform activities.
The Sims 4 Go to School Mod Pack allows you to follow your Child and Teen Sims to school. Go to School unlocks two new venue types – Elementary School and High School – which you can freely place in the world. When it is time for a Child or Teen Sim to go to school, as with Get to Work careers, you will be asked if you want to follow them, and if you opt to, you will be sent to the appropriate venue.
The mod comes with the following locations and things you can do:
- Elementary school
- High School
- Field Trips
- Weekly Collection Hunts
- Costume Day
Sounds pretty cool, right? Well, it’s now available to download!
Head on over to Zerbu’s official Tumblr to find out more information and to learn how to add the mod to your game.
Download the Go to School Mod
❗ We are not responsible for the content of the mod, use with caution.