Thanks to InfiniteSims for picking this one up:
The limited playable professions seem likely to expand with more online or future expansion packs. Players can switch jobs easily and experiment with positive and negative reactions, which has always been one of the strongest appeals of this amazing “sandbox” simulation series. As always, developers consider all player skill levels and offer related pop-up tutorials which can be viewed at any point.
If you plan on ordering it from the EA Store, you can now pre-order The Sims 3 Late Night. I think I’ll hold off in hopes of a $20 off sale from the EA Store. Thanks to PlayerMarko456 for the tip!
I’m not sure why EA mentioned ‘The Sims 3 World Adventures’ as one of their games they’ll be shown at Gamescom 2010…If I had to guess, I think that they mean The Sims 3 Late Night. Either way, expect this site to be flooded with reports for DarkSpore, The Sims 3 on consoles, The Sims 3 Medieval, The Sims 3 Late Night (and possibly The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff). Also, if I had to guess, I’m sure MySims SkyHeroes will be demoed in the bunch as well.
FIFA, Need for Speed, Medal of Honor and The Sims Among Top Franchises to Reveal Deep Innovation and New Experiences for Consumers
COLOGNE, Germany, Aug 13, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) today announced plans for gamescom 2010 in Cologne. EA will showcase a powerful slate of titles representing a selection of leading franchises across the company’s Games, Sports and Play Labels. Media and consumers are invited for hands on experience with a whole host of innovative game play that highlights the company’s focus on delivering fewer, better games and building direct to consumer digital offerings.
“Gamescom has grown to become the largest show for interactive entertainment, and offers a unique chance for us to engage directly with consumers, retailers and media at one event,” said Jens Uwe Intat, Senior Vice President and General Manager for EA Publishing in Europe. “Our line up demonstrates the intense focus we have on building quality games with deep innovation for our consumers, and it’s great to see the industry coming together to create such a milestone event in Europe”.
Five EA and EA Partner titles at gamescom have already received early recognition for their outstanding quality. The gamescom 2010 award nominations were announced today and include:
FIFA 11 – Best Console
Star Wars(TM): The Old Republic(TM) – Best Online and Best of gamescom
Crysis(R) 2 – Best PC, Best of gamescom
The Sims(TM) 3 console – Best Mobile title (NDS)
Rock Band(R) 3 instruments – Best Hardware
EA at gamescom 2010
Tuesday, August 17th, 4:00pm
EA Press Briefing: The Palladium, Schanzenstraße 36, Gebäude 197, 51063 Cologne
A live stream of the press conference will be available at http://live-event.ea.com/gamescom/live/
EA Booth: Hall 6.1 (A074)
Games on show: Crysis 2, Darkspore(TM), Dragon Age(TM) 2, FIFA 11, FIFA Manager 11, Medal of Honor(TM), Need For Speed(TM) Hot Pursuit, Rock Band 3, The Sims 3 on console, Star Wars: The Old Republic. For iPod(TM): The Sims 3, The Sims(TM) 3 World Adventures, EA SPORTS FIFA 10, 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa(TM), and for iPad(TM): Need For Speed Shift, Command & Conquer(TM) Red Alert, SCRABBLE, Mirror’s Edge(TM), Tetris(R).
Behind closed door game demonstrations in EA’s Business lounge, Hall 5.1. Open to media only
Bulletstorm, Crysis 2, Darkspore, Dead Space 2, Dragon Age 2, EA SPORTS Active 2, FIFA 11, FIFA Manager 11, EA SPORTS(TM) MMA, Medal Of Honor, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, Rock Band 3, The Sims(TM) Medieval, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows(TM) – Part 1, The Sims 3 on console. Madden NFL 11 for iPhone as well as MONOPOLY Streets will be available for hands-on play in the EA Business Lounge.
More information, screenshots and fact sheets at: info.ea.com.
IGN has published a list as well as new videos and images of the various Karma Powers found in The Sims 3 for consoles. Some of these look to be very entertaining, but will the game continue to have replay value much like it’s PC counterpart? Only time will tell.
video uploaded to YouTube courtesy of InfiniteSims
Good Karma Powers
- Divine Intervention – Lose a Sim to death and want to bring back his or her ghost? Now, you can.
- Get Lucky – Give your Sim a higher chance of succeeding with socials, woohoo, raises, promotions, fishing and more.
- Good Times – Remove all bad “moodlets” from an entire household and good times are sure to be had.
- Instant Beauty – A chance to fix those physical features that just aren’t quite right. And then fix them again and again and again. This opens Create a Sim so you can edit facial and body features.
- Super Satisfy – Immediately fulfills all of your Sims’ needs. Your Sim feels completely invigorated and is ready to face the future with newfound hope.
- Giant Jackpot – Shower your Sims with money and help the household gain wealth. Greed can be fun, but it can also haunt your Sim.
- Stroke of Genius – Accelerate your Sims’ skill gain like their cooking, logic or athleticism.
- Miracle Fix – Break your favorite shower or just want a clean house with the snap of a finger? This power will fix that right up for you and more.
Bad Karma Powers
- Cosmic Curse – Cast instant doom upon any Sim. This curse depletes all of the target Sims’ needs.
- Quake Maker – Terrify Sims with an earthquake, breaking objects and creating trash.
- Epic Fail – Any Sims’ worst nightmare; curse any Sim with clumsy fingers and watch chaos ensue. It might be best to cast it in their house and not yours. Make Sims fight, have gas, get demoted or fired, break things, cause fires, and more.
- Fire Storm – Drop fireballs onto a location to cause destruction and mayhem.
- Poltergeist – Make ghosts appear to haunt Sims.
(Icons provided by SimFans)